[FWDLK] 56 Belvedere Rocker Alignment

I am in the process of replacing the driver side rocker panel on my 56
Belvedere 4 dr sedan. The new rocker is fitted and sheet metal screwed in
place but I am not 100% sure of it's positioning. So I figured I'd throw it
out there before firing up the welder. My question pertains to the gap
between the lower door edge and the rocker. How big is acceptable? It looks
pretty good to me but there is about a 3/8 inch gap. But of course there is
also a gap almost that big at the back edge of the driver's door and I know
panel fitment even from the factory on these old cars was never great. I
can't go by the passenger side because it was replaced with a rocker welded
over the original and there is almost no gap at all. In fact they put body
filler on the lower part of the doors to raise it up to the same level as
the rocker.

Also how much space should there be between the upper rocker edge and the
bottom of the little triangle of metal between the doors? Right now I have
1/8" and it seems a little big. And last but not least what should this gap
be filled with? Seam sealer?

This is not the greatest replacement panel (Sherman) but all I could find
and fitment is tough. So if anybody out there has one that is original or
correctly restored I'd greatly appreciate some help.

Joe Bouboulis