Re: [FWDLK] Selling on eBay

Jerry,
I have sold 4 motorcycles on E-bay. With vert good success. The fees are
fixed I believe for a car it is $40 to list + $40 when it sells.  The
biggest problem is transporting it to the buyer.  Look into transport
companies and get a few prices to the east coast, mid west and west so if
someone asks you can give them an idea.  Most buyers will want to arrange
transport for themselves. I shipped one to Denmark, one to Georgia and the
other 2 were picked up.
The buyer will be more worried than you will, and has a lot more to loose.
In your ad specify a reasonable amount for a deposit due at the close of the
auction and a set date when the car has to be picked up. State for the
bidder to e-mail you in advance if they need to make other arrangements.
Allow any potential buyer an opportunity to inspect the car. I have had
buyers back out for varoious reasons and e-bay will refund the fees.
In my experience it may not get the price you think it is worth so set a low
opening bid and set reasonable reserve. Take lots of good clear pictures.
E-bay will keep a list of all the bidders and that is a good source of
poteniial buyers if it does not meet the reserve and if you want to e-mail
them after the auction and take offers.
As far as payment this is always risky, I usually insist on cash or a
certified check at the time it is picked up. Or before I ship when I arrange
the shipping. (but both can be counterfit) Pay pal is secure and fast but
set up a free account or you will be whomped with fees.
Good luck.

Scott

----Original Message Follows---- From: Jerry <mopar-man@xxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: Jerry <mopar-man@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [FWDLK] Selling on eBay Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:38:24 -0400

Hi all.  I want to put my '55 C300 out on eBay but between my current job
and my plans to redo my house
so I can move to Florida my time is very limited so if any of you have used
eBay in the past I would really
appreciate any info you can give me so that I can get my car up for sale and
sold ASAP.  I would also
appreciate any info you may have regarding the fees that eBay requires.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry Browarski