Re: [FWDLK] Special bodied Chrysler from the 1950's

Daniel Rapley wrote:

> Hello,

> I am looking for information on a Chrysler powered car that I have. I know
> very little about it.

> Below is are photos of the car being built in the early 1950's.

> It was a car built by Joe Gertler of NY.

there was a segment of car nuts back in the 60's that tackeled the chore
of hand forming (either metal or fiberglass) sports car size and look
car bodies at home.  It was somewhat the norm to just go out and find
a usable frame and motor and start forming the body to fit the chassie
of choice.

Once had for a short time an old dodge frame with a 241 hemi with 6 stromberg
carbs on it that was just this. The particular "builder" was working in
fiberglass.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6