From: Tim Bowers <tbowers1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:28:48 -0500
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] I NEED YOUR ADVISE ON THIS ONE?

That would be "McPherson", as in there's no "fear" in McPherson

http://www2.mcpherson.edu/academics/auto/index.asp

Sounds like a neat project!  Do you have any idea of the people involved, and how long ago was it?

Tim Bowers, Instructor
Metal Fab and Welding

Ray Jones wrote:
I once had a chopped and channeled "calif" Duece Coupe, with a '51 331 Chrysler hemi in it. It also had a Cad/LaSalle 3 speed Trans. They took a Hemi to Ford adaptor, sawed off the ford part and welded a plate to it drilled for the LaSalle tranny. This was done at McFearson(?) College in KS, way too many years ago. It worked flawlessly. I think the Eng is 800+#'s and the whole car only weighed 1800#. It was bad.

As to the clutch plate, you need only to know the hole size and # spline teeth, and the dia of the disk. The clutch Catalog has a cross in the front to size it and get a part #, but you'll need an old store who still has the old cataloges.
Ray Jones in AR