[FWDLK] 56 Plymouth:

Hello all.
Working on a '56 Plymouth here.  Plans are to remove the original 270(?)
engine, and replace with a late model 318.  Trans is 3-speed stick.
It has been a very long time since I had (or worked on) a '56 Plymouth, -
but I seem to recall that the '56 bellhousing will fit virtually all of the
later model small-block V8s.
Not too sure about the flywheel situation though.
I know I can't use the 56 flywheel, - but does anyone know if I will be able
to use the later-model 318 flywheel with the 56 starter?
If I cannot, - is there a "combination" of flywheel & starter that I can use
with the '56 bellhousing?
If that won't work either, - will the later-model 318 bellhousing work with
the '56 3-speed trans?

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer.

Regards,
DaveG.
59 Sport  Fury HT
----
Grove  Automotive -- "Chrysler Spoken Here"
www.groveautomotive.com