Re: [FWDLK] Cuttin' down on the noise

Might be a climate thing. My car only had surface rust under the orginal undercoating. The parts cart that had the windows knocked out and sat in the open for several years and had a few small holes under the driver's foot area, likely from salt coming in off the driver's feet. It could also be, as mine was a bottom of the line model with just a rubber mat and no sound proofing mat, that there was less water retained.

 I just finished a restoration on a 55 Pontiac that had been orginally undercoated. The metal in the inner fenders at the front were still like new under the factory undercoat. That car had seen 20yers and 140,000 miles, much of it gravel, then sitting outside for a few years. Maybe its the metal prep before the undercoat. The undercoat in my Dodge is sort of body color, maybe they sprayed the material right on the metal?

Do you Yahoo!?