Re: [FWDLK] '58 Dodge Intake or Carburetor

Re: [FWDLK] '58 Dodge Intake or Carburetor

Chris,

Early WCFB 4bbl carbs had a square bolt pattern through
1956. In 1957, the pattern was changed to a larger
rectangular pattern. I know a few people that have dropped
a Carter AFB on the newer recangular pattern. Look for a
smaller CFM, about 500. If the manifold bores are too
small, you can use a carb/manifold gasket as a template to
remove metal to open them up, or too relocate the studs.

Dave Homstad 56 Dodge d500

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 14:46:34 -0400