[FWDLK] 1959 Dodge Thermostat: 160 or 180?

[FWDLK] 1959 Dodge Thermostat: 160 or 180?

Hi All: Should I use a 160 or a 180 in my '59 (383 4/bbl. no A/C)

I am pretty sure there is a 180 in there now.  I have a re-cored
radiator (3 row)
but on hot days this summer  the temp would creep up to an uncomfortable
reading on the gauge when idling or in trafffic.  I never got around to
replacing it,
but this weekend I  am replacing the heater control valve, so I was
thinking
of swapping out the T-stat since I'll be draining out some antifreeze
anyway.

My friend recommended a fan shroud from an A/C car.  Have not found one
of THOSE yet. :-)

Suggestions?  (Yes, I know its too late to experiment, now that the
weather is cooler.
I'm good at procrastination!)

Thanks,
Lou