Re: [FWDLK] 57 Plymouth rot issues

Roger -

Oh I know people are going to try to nitpick it down price-wise.  Thats why
I look over other cars and see what's out there.  I don't really expect
someone to pay $2K for a car that doesn't run, but it might be worth that to
someone local instead of paying half that for a similar car out of state
only to have to pay as much to have it hauled here.  I'm rather amazed no
one's jumped at the opening bid, to be honest.

This is apparently the same guy who bought a beat up no windows '57 in a
previous auction.  I don't know what his deal is exactly.. wants somethng
for nothing I guess.

When I mentioned POR-15 I said it would be a temporary repair.  I don't
think it's rusted all that badly, unless it relates to the quality control
issues once the rot gets inside the body.  The rest of it all looks perfect,
no signs of rotting out from inside.  I've dealt with some of this stuff in
some other cars - one a '51 Chevy I still have in the garage - I think some
people just make bodywork a bigger deal than it really is.   Cars rust,
especially here with all the salt on the roads.   Do a temp fix, get it
running and enjoy it and come back and fix it right later... or run it until
it can't be fixed and part it for the next one.  Beats letting it sit and
rot further.   I mean, it's not a Fury - I don't see many guys wanting to do
an all-out concours restoration on one of these.  If they do, they'll start
with a nicer car or won't mind putting another top on it. Heck cut the top
off and make a ragtop out of it...  put a big phony Carson top on it... hmm,
that might be a little weird.  But have some fun with it anyhow -

Bill K.