[FWDLK] Drum Turning

Hello, folks

Has anyone had the experience I just had?  I took the 11" front drums from my '56 Savoy to Pep Boys for turning.  I was getting extreme pulsating from the brake pedal and the brakes were starting to make noise, so out of round drums seemed like the likely culprit.  They didn't look bad at all when I took them off so I figured this would be a simple, low cost job.  Pep boys called me back and said they couldn't turn the drums without an official DOT spec limit to go by.  I read them the spec out of the shop manual (no more than .030 removed) but that wouldn't satisfy them.  It has to be approved by DOT and none of their references go back that far. I guess everybody is running scared these days and won't do anything they can't defend against in court.   Is this another instance similar to the kid at the Auto Zone who insisted they didn't make Plymouths before 1962 because there not listed in the computer?
I live in the Dayton, Ohio area.  If anyone knows where I can get this done please let me know.  I had planned to eventually convert to disks, but not just yet.

Thanks,

Bob McGrath