[FWDLK] hemmings

Bought my first edition of Hemmings Motor News this month. (Nov 03) On page 57 is the "1955-56 De Soto Buyer's guide.

More interesting is a letter that was sent in. It involves a 1959 Dodge Coronet. The car had been sitting in a restoration yard in Odessa, Texas for 19 years. Really bad shape for restoration. The owner had wanted to keep the car all Chrysler. With some research he found out some interesting things about Chryslers. Installing DISK BRAKES was as simple as removing the old spindles and replacing it with one off a 1976 Charger and power brake unit, master cylinder and proportioning valve from a 1974 Dodge Dart. Underhood wiring came from a 1974 Dodge Monaco along with the alternator and electronic ignition. The push-button Torqueflite came from a 1962 Chrysler and the differential was donated by a 1968 VIP

The car is from Midvale, Utah.
I don't know any thing about this but thought I should pass this information along.

Mario Henry
1955 Plymouth Belvedere