[FWDLK] The internet was no help, so I have a question...

[FWDLK] The internet was no help, so I have a question...

Title: Re: POLITICAL CORRECT or Brakes, What Brakes
As the title indicates, I spent quite a bit of time searching the internet for decent opinions, but had trouble finding any.

So anyway...I'm going to be getting an air compressor as a birthday present so I can stay up til all hours playing with air ratchets, but it's up to me to figure out which one I want.  Sears has a really good deal on a Craftsman 30gal "6"hp compressor, however it's oil-free, and I've heard from more than one source that an oiled compressor is a better way to go over an oil free.  The other compressor I'm looking at is a slightly smaller (21gal 4.5hp) but is oil lubricated, they have it at Harbor Freight, but it's a brand I'm not too familiar with (Central Pneumatic I think).  Either one should be sufficient for what I need from an output perspective, but as seeing how the craftsman is only a few dollars more than the other, I'm having trouble passing it up.  Both would be similarly equipped as far as air tools and accessories, so that isn't really a deciding factor.
My dad had a craftsman compressor for something like 40 years and it never gave him any problems (sold it to a neighbor and it still works...it was, of course, an oiled type compressor), but this is part of the reason I'm having trouble passing up the Craftsman.

Anyone have any advice or insight (on oiled vs. oil-free or on anything in general)?  Anyone have anything good or bad to say about either brand?
Since this is kind of off-topic (I'll be using it on cars, so maybe not that far off topic), please respond privately as not to bombard everyone with unwanted e-mail.

Thanks,
Garrett