Re: [FWDLK] Do People Still Restore Cars ?

Re: [FWDLK] Do People Still Restore Cars ?

ideed brandie is right, its a shame but there are a few 'highbrow' folk out there in the motoring world that have some detrimental advice for potential resto/rod/custom car enthusiasts.
i believe that "each to his or her own" applies here, you cant force someone not to love a particular vehicle. myself i have always been devoted to GM until i bought my first ford, then stumbled across a mopar. we all come into this world blind, some of us take longer to open our eyes and realise how lucky we still are, parts are still (somewhat) plentiful and we can pick up a nice forwardlooker at a reasonable price. personally i can love a car for any merit i see fit, im not biased by brand.
i always look back and think, man those guys racing 37 ford V8 coupes on dirt tracks and destroying them for fun mustve had some nerve! to think how many were lost...

maybe we should act more like custodians of these beauties, restore or modify to your hearts content, just remember one day the car will move on to another owner (unless you are being buried with it?!)
we may like to think the younger generation are full of turbo charged fast and the furious clones, but i'm seeing a new trend of kids that want cars to stand out from the crowd. its not just a paint-job and a set of 18" chrome wheels anymore. its about the lines and nostalgia of the cars.
have fun people!

ps brandie, your ride is still the coolest plymouth ive seen.

james ,27 mechanic
christchurch
new zealand (come over - its beautiful)

1958 plymouth suburban