Re: [FWDLK] Engine block number question.

Re: [FWDLK] Engine block number question.

The "M" is for the 1959 model year

"L" - Not sure what this stands for, but it was used on all Dosge and DeSoto
engines and the B-block engines used in Plymouths.

"361" - 361-cid V8

"21206" - 20,206th engine built  (The first one was 1001)

The other numbers are casting numbers.   Do not have that enigne number and
I have no transmission casting numbers.

If you check the transmission on the driver's side, toward the rear of the
unit just above the pan rail, you should see some numbers stamped into the
case.   That is the transmission part number and I do have listings of those
numbers.

Bill
Vancouver, BC