From: Zach Collie
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 7:05 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Different BORING & Stroking

True, but the big "controversy" erupted in the mid-seventies, when customers
opened their hoods, say on a '76 Olds Omega (if memory serves me correctly),
and found a Buick 350. Now, there is nothing wrong with the Buick 350, I've
owned a number of them, but an "Oldsmobile guy" expects to see an Olds
engine, you know? I recall doing a tune up on a friend-of-a friend's car, a
'79 Cutlass Supreme, and was quite amazed to find a Chevy 305 where I
expected to find an Olds 350! I currently own, as a daily driver, a 1983
Olds Cutlass Supreme, which originally had an 307 Olds engine, but now has
a'72 vintage Olds 350. A number of those cars also came with Chevy 305s.
Now, I preferr the Olds engine myself---in an Oldsmobile, but my "new"
favorite "350" is in my '58 Desoto Firesweep--"B" block Mopar power all the
way, Baby!  Zach--