Re: [FWDLK] (no subject)

Get some 80 grit and an air or electric power sander and go at it until it looks the way you want. Then follow up with a coat of good quality, epoxy-based primer. It isn't necessary to go to bare metal everywhere, just get down to a sound paint layer and uncover all the rust and loose bondo. Do your dent repair and filling, reprime the repaired areas then spray on several coats of primer-surfacer and you will have a surface to sand smooth for the color coats.

Mike