[FWDLK] Off Topic - Plymouth Police Car ID?

[FWDLK] Off Topic - Plymouth Police Car ID?

Someone has offered a friend of mine a '70's Plymouth Satellite that they
say is an ex-police car.  Reason?  It has small 'dog dish' caps.  Now it is
possible - I know where in a backyard rotting there is an ex-CHP '68
Oldsmobile - but the guy might not know what he's talking about, either.

I just happened to wonder if there is anything to the VIN code on these that
would ID them as a fleet order, or police special?  I didn't see anything
when I looked in my Chrysler book.   He thought it might be worth getting if
it's for real, but without a motor if it's just an old 4-dr it's probably
not worth saving.

Probably better make sure the reply on this is off-list, but - if there are
any specifics that apply to the Forward Look era cars in the same regard,
that might be worth some list bandwidth.

Thanks -

Bill K.