Re: [FWDLK] How screwed am I?

In a message dated 12/30/2003 1:28:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
FAIRLANG@xxxxxxx writes:

Growing up with a continuas  fleet of $50 specials from the back row of the
dirt lot car dealer. Most of  which were in dyre need of some sort of emergency
repair to make them  drivable.Anyway lest I get too windy about my childhood
let me cut to the  chase and say to you my friend the magic potion you need is
called J B Weld.  This magic potion, along with a wire brush, will repair
just about any break  up to ,but not including, the break of day. Well thats my
recomendation. It  will work. Read the directions and have at it. Dont need to
remove the  manifold from the motor. Fixed the carb on my John Deere tractor
for about  6mos until I could come up with the $300 bill to put a new one  on.
JB Weld seems to be wonderful stuff.  I repaired a BIG crack in the  block of
my boat (frozen) (NOT by me!) with it by grinding away the rust and  crud,
then slathering it onto and into the crack.  It held all last summer,  at least.
 My only concern would be with the heat encountered at the  exhaust manifold.
 They can get red hot in the summer.  My boat's  crack was in the water
jacket, so not so bad.
Seems to me that unless it is awfully easy to get to the crack, it might  not
be worth the effort.  Only the individual can know for sure.   However, it's
only five bucks for the stuff, and it might work fine! m Good luck  to you!
Joe  Savard
Lake Orion, MI USA