Re: [FWDLK] '59 DeSoto on ebay

        Zach, I just want to say one thing about rust on old MOPAR cars. Fortunatly I picked up my 57 Dodge with only 43k on the odometer. Was going to do a mild warm over,you know a little paint and patch in the lower front fender about the size of a quarter that grew to a silver dollar upon repair. But my real awakening came when I leaned into the trunk and rested my hand on the floor and it crackled. Now this is not my first old car, in fact about # 50 or 60 would be more like it. So you can imagine my surprise when I pealed back the mat that covered the factory undercoated trunk and discovered the undercoating was not stuck to the metal anymore. Now in my defence I have to say that this is my first Mopar over 20 years old that I have bought.      An old fella ,back in 1961, told me he always ordered his cars without undercoating,said  undercoating makes them rust out sooner. The fact he always owned Chrysler products might have had something to do with it. Anyway all manufacturers have come a long way, and I for one am glad. But today my beautiful 57 sits in my garage with a repaired trunk floor and passenger side floor, dashboard padding removed, interior out , motor and trans out but rebuilt and ready to go back in . Dont want to forget the seats redone and new carpeting ready to back in. All this for a little warm over 10 years ago. I am real good friends with my local POR15 dealer as well as NAPA and 3M. Im sure Im not alone.                FAIRLANG,57 Dodge C/L HEMI apart.