[FWDLK] Up the DOWN-side!

Fairlang/List, I CREDIT Horace's survival of Indiana to the existence of
its factory undercoating--Horrie was not "pampered" during his 28,000
In miles, and the leprositic condition of the O.E.M.  undercoating
attested to many encounters of the wet/salty  kind.

I've previously written about how a person can avoid the "heartbreak of
POR (or is that: POS?)" by sandblasting the undercarriage, and then
spray-painting zinc chromate on the bare steel. and then applying either
new/modern undercoating, or primer/paint, if the car didn't "come" with
undercoating.

GRANTED that 99-point-what?  of our cars will never be driven in typical
winter conditions, "properly-applied" undercoating is a no-brainer
exercise in maintaining the undercarriage of a car- if/when you want or
need to freshen-up
the undercarriage, you just re-spray it in  'rattle-
can'  black paint, & it looks like brand-new--it contrasts nicely with
the semi-gloss of the rear axle, the tailpipes/muffler, springs (if
painted dull-alumnum.

Now, if someone is preparing a 'dedicated' trailer-queen, which will
never get its belly dirty
or stained with that noisome nasty old oil and grease and road grime and
exhaust residue, and if road-NOISE or vibrations, or resonances is not
important, then I say : ":where are your
ground-mirrors, so I can gaze upon your handiwork?"

Neil Vedder