[FWDLK] Rust on the late Fifties

Hiya!

There are several factors that made rust a major problem for all 1957-1960 cars.  First of all, the American steel indutry was experimenting with new cost-reduction processes.  This lower quality metal then went to manufacturers who were using thinner stampings.  And the general styling of cars promoted rust problems with all of the swoops and corners that trapped moisture.  As a result, there is a shortage of 1957-1960 vehicles of almost all makes.  When was the last time you saw a 1960 Ford?  OK, maybe we're better off without them...  ::grin::

Happy New Year!

Bob
1959 Dodge Coronet