Re: [FWDLK] Up the DOWN-side!

    Larry, Dont know of any problems one way or the other from using roofing materials inside a car. My wifes brother owned his own roofing co. I might ask him. I seem to remember in the old days it was like tar and never seemed to dry. I can only think of one thing and that might be and that is the smell on the inside. I knew a fella who comletely restored a 49Buick conv. spareing no expense for chrome, stainless and paint. He then used roofing tar in the fender wells. Im sure he had a very good reason for doing it that way but I didnt ask so I guess Ill never know. Myself personaly, I bought some 3m undercoating at coast t coast for about $40 and the interior deadening was around $36. This was enough to do my whole car along with a gallon of POR15 semi gloss for around $100. So for around a 200 dollar bill you have most of it.   Now the inside 3m you can paint over it or use the trunk paint. I think I might end up carpeting my trunk.I dont know yet. I like the smell of new carpet for a while anway.        well thats my 2 cents worth,      FAIRLANG, 57 Dodge C/L HEMI.