Re: [FWDLK] Anyone had a drum out of balance?

Re: [FWDLK] Anyone had a drum out of balance?

Thanks to all who have replied.   When I originally got the car, it had 14 year old bias ply tires
on Ford steel rims, and '67 New Yorker hubcaps.  I figured it was just the tires.  Then
I got original wheels, and Coker Classic radial wide whitewalls and there was NO change.
Recently, a guy in my local club says he has had only problems with his Coker Radials...
his tire shop told him they were out of round and had way too much wobble.  But one
would think I'd feel SOME kind of a difference.

Then I thought, "well, the vibration COULD be fast enugh to be a driveshaft issue,"  so
I had the driveshaft balanced and new U joints done (with a fron u-joint conversion.
It almost feels like you are ruding on rumble strips  But after the driveshaft job:
No change.  NONE.  not even SLIGHTLY better.

I though about suspension/shocks, but this vibration is SO regular, that
I still think its a balance/roundness issue.  Maybe even wheel/tire run out, wobble, etc.
This thing today will tell me that part.  I'll likely do the shocks too before summer is
here.

One person stated that his car exhibited this symptom and it turned out to be a broken CRANK SHAFT.
UGH...this got me to thinking:  my car seems to shake at idle a little iregularly...yet when you look
at the engine, its rock steady.  I always attributed that to worn/hard motor mounts..but hmmmm...

We'll see.....

Regards,
Lou