[FWDLK] Chrysler 1960-62 with manual trans?

[FWDLK] Chrysler 1960-62 with manual trans?

Question: Anyone ever heard of or have seen a bubble dash Chrysler with a
standard transmission?

The only example I can think of is somewhere in a car magazine someone had
an article test driving one of the 300's equipped with the 4-speed manual -
I'm not sure even they knew how rare one of those is, either a '60 or '61
(they made all of what, a dozen? that way).  It's been a while since I saw
it to even remember the mag, but it was old enough all the pictures were
black and white - Special Interest Autos maybe.  Has to be old too because
as I recall they weren't too afraid to really drive the car and see what it
could do, which left the writer pretty impressed with it.

The reason I ask is, supposedly they were available as the base
transmission, but where did they put the shift lever?  That gauge pod
doesn't give you much room for the usual column shifter, my Chrysler book
makes a comment about that.  The 300 got around that with a console and a
floor shifter.    Just curious how it was set up and just how rare it might
be, if it existed at all -

Bill K.