Re: [FWDLK] '59 runs a little hot...Higher flow water pump?

Re: [FWDLK] '59 runs a little hot...Higher flow water pump?

You shouldn't need to resort to an aftermarket part if your original pump is in decent shape.
Make sure the hoses are in good condition and not collapsing, choking off the flow.You should be running a fan shroud to ensure adequate air flow thru the core, and the hood should should be sealed to the top of the core support to keep the heated air from recirculating through the radiator again. I wouldn't worry too much at 200 degrees as long as the water stays in there, new cars run at least that hot.
Mike