[FWDLK] Buyers and Sellers on ebay shipping

[FWDLK] Buyers and Sellers on ebay shipping

HI,
I am also a buyer and seller on E-bay. Where I always get burned is when I get a quote from UPS for shipping on the Internet and then take the package to UPS.  I sometimes get charged a different residential surcharge (big difference). Just today I sent a package and I charged the person $6.50 and I thought I made .25 cents towards the used box and my tape. I was charged $8.86 because of the fuel surcharge for travel costs in SD. It is tough to get an actual shipping cost to be fair to both sides.  UPS is also 30 miles away from me and FedEx is 60 miles. But I do not sell enough to open an account with them. It costs $16.00 per week + $4.00 for the label printer to have them pick from you. Also recently I won an item for 1.99 on E-bay that weighs about 6 lbs and was charged 20.00 for shipping and handling. If there is time now I will always ask for an estimate on the shipping costs. Just a few of my experiences on E-bay shipping.  THANKS  JOE   56 Desoto's