[FWDLK] 55 headliners

In response to 55 ply. headliner,I have installed and the guy who generally does my headliners has installed many headliners without removing rear window on cars without metal mouldings.You can pry rubber seal up enough to insert headliner although it is not too easy.We just put a headliner in my 55 Desoto coupe last week,has rubber moulding.I bought a rear seal from Bernbaum a few years ago for a 55 windsor,what a piece of junk.We made it work by pounding in window but window was so tight that we couldn’t get outside mouldings to snap in.One of the few times I didn’t enjoy working on a forward-look car.I get all my rubber window seals from Gary Goers and they work better than any others I have used but it’s always a struggle as they are not exactly as originals.I know it says in the manuels to remove back window but it is not necessary. Johnnie Slayton