Re: [FWDLK] THERE AIN'T NO FREE LUNCH

No shoetage of places to get boxes and packing free.   Heck I used to raid
the dumpster outside the religious bookstore when I worked in a shop in the
same plaza, for all kinds of small boxes - I was tossing out scrap cardboard
anyways, and here you have to put all that into a seperate dumpster so it's
not like I had to weed through coffee grounds and apple cores or anything.
I used to get all sorts of extras.

I found some big Snap-On wrenches in it one day some moron threw into the
wrong dumpster, too.

But if you don't want to do that, a lot of retail stores will let you have
their boxes, grocery stores and the like.  Why pay for something you can get
free?  the Post Office lets you have all kinds of boxes for Priority Mail
shipments, too.

Bubble wrap is expensive, so I use a lot of newspaper - it's free once it's
been read - but there is a good way to get heavy duty bubble wrap for free.
Find a shop that sells canoes, and offer to take it off their hands.  A guy
I know with a postETC type of shop gets his that way.  They ship the boats
in this heavy stuff and the shop can never reuse all of it, so it gets
rolled up and what this other guy doesnt want, is garbage.   One big sheet
of that will last me months.

The only time I charge is when I ship stainless trim, if I don't have enough
PVC handy I'll hit them for $5 for another 10' piece.

Okay, it costs me some time to pack it up, but sometimes when I am making
like a 150% profit or more, the 10 minutes or so is worth the trouble.

It's just a matter of being inginuitive -

Bill K.