[FWDLK] Hemi and Powerflite Tranny

I have a '55 Custom Royal Lancer that I will be pulling a 270 Hemi and Powerflite from later this Spring (whenever or if it gets here), and just want to know the possibilities on mixing the 270 Hemi with later Torqueflites.  Also, since the '55 has the shifter on the dash (one year only?) will it work with our push-button transmissions?  If so, what year transmissions will it work with and still retain the push buttons?  And, will it work with big block or small blocks?

Also, since I need to either sell the '55 or part it out (it's pretty solid), does anyone have a need for any parts or the car itself?  I'm really looking forward to getting on my projects, and need to clear out this car, my '57 D200, a '58 Coronet parts car, my '74 D100 Warlock-look pickup, and my son's '74 Duster and '95 LeBaron convertible.

In case you can't tell by this message with my desire to "thin the herd", I got in way over my head, and need to get rid of some things so I can focus on my '57-'59 Coronets, my '64 Fury convertible and a Charger and Challenger, but need to know what I can use the '55 Dodge 270 Hemi and Powerflite with.

Thanks for your information.  If anyone has an engine / tranny matrix, that would be great too.

LARRY (Akron Ohio, with 9" of snow on Monday, 2" of rain today in the 50s, and freezing temps tomorrow)