[FWDLK] Little DRUMMER , boy!

Lou, Dave Homstad, who still belongs to the WPC Club, can tell you which
'current' issue of their newsletter re-published my article.

I've still got my 80's articles/issues semi-stored-away, & can send you
photocopies of them.

Howsumever, I don't know your technical expertise; I had my front & rear
drum conversion work done by professional mechanical shops, with no
particular problems, beyond the fact that I/we were 'navigating'
un-charted waters, as we went along--looking back on the projects, the
procedures are VERY straight-forward & non-brain-surgical, in
nature/effort!

Essentially (for the umpteenth time, it seems)
"you" just need to scalp (grind-off)  the upper-section of the rear axle
flanges, so that the flat-topped sections of the Bendix brakes will/can
mate-fully to the (now: flat-topped) axle flanges.

Then, "you" need to cut-off around the center-area  of the Centerplane's
backing plates,   so as to preserve their
central-axle-seal-holding-"shoulders", AND the
backing-plate mounting-stud holes, so that this
small-piece can be used to hold the axle seals to the axle.  I found
that I had to use 2 standard steel washers, per axle-stud, to make-up
some
'gained' stud-length, between the total width of the Bendix system, &
the Centerplane system.

So far, both ft & rr Bendix's have been in (almost daily--@ LEAST
weekly!) usage, with no maintenance, other than making sure that the
brakes are properly-adjusted, because, with
such dramatic braking-effect, the Bendix's can
try to launch you through the windshield--they would be AWESOME, with an
anti-lock feature!

Neil