Re: [FWDLK] Wheel Color

Ron.

I decided to dive into my data, and find out the facts.

I took a poll of FWDLK owners with original vehicles a couple of years ago now, and the consensus
was that in 57, Plymouth wheel rims were black, and they changed to silver sometime in the 58 year.
All were that blue/grey color of the trunk on the reverse side.

This is confirmed by MoPar's own literature as follows:

According to the Plymouth Product Information News dated September 1957 "Chassis Wheel Color
Changed"  'The color of the outside wheel surface has been changed on all 1957 Plymouth cars built
in Detroit   (Furys built in Detroit in '57) beginning August 20, 1957.  Wheels on these cars are
now painted an aluminum finish.'

Glenn.
57 Fury.