[FWDLK] Smoking Dodge, or how not to get hot in the 'hood

[FWDLK] Smoking Dodge, or how not to get hot in the 'hood

Your radiator cap is WAY to strong! it should be a 7 lb cap. Those old radiators were not made for such a strong cap, you will end up blowing out the tank seams!
 I would crank that manifold heat riser flap into the full open postion and leave it. They worked great brand new for about maybe a year untill they rusted shut!
 Dodge and old Mopars in general run on the hot side, but I would make sure to flush out the cooling system, make sure there are no cold spots on the radiator core (plugged areas) and with gas so damned expensive, limit that idle time!   -J-

Do you Yahoo!?