[FWDLK] VISCIOUS fans!!!!

Dave Agnew, of NZ (thanx, Dave!) sent me this "auction", but also
indicated that a friend, in SFrisco, had bought/sent him a "Derale"
brand viscous fan assy # 21049 ("non-thermal") , that reportedly  fits,
among a LOT of vehicles, :" 57
thru 1973 MoPars" . I DON"T believe that Dave has installed that piece,
yet(???).
My question/comment is that 'modern' viscous fan assemblies (such as are
currently sold by Chrysler) are  about 3" in o.a. "depth"; how 'deep' is
the #21049  piece?  THREE-inch units are TOO "DEEP/long"; the leading
edge of the 'finned-section/piece' will almost contact the
radiator-core, & "we" need a clearance of @ least 1/2-3/4", to allow for
engine/frame flexion.

My fan carries P/N : 2536676 (it looks-like), but also has 115F stamped
on it. It is 2 1/4"  o.a.
depth--does anyone have a Hollanders/parts manual that 'covers' the
mid(?) 60's?

Neil Vedder

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46094&item=2476603561&rd=1