[FWDLK] pinion yoke for 8 3/4 rear?

Hi all,

I;ve discovered that one possible cause of my driveline vibration is a worn pinion yoke.  The area where the U-joint snap-ring contacts the yoke has worn so there is a little side-to-side play in the U joint there.  The driveshaft shop says it only takes a few thousandths of an inch for the wear to exceed tolerance and become noticable.

1) Has anyone experienced this?

2) Where to get a new one?  the same part on the 70's E-body rear LOOKS to be the same, from the outside, although I don't know if the splines are the same or not.   Perhaps they didn't change from '59 to mid-80's?  Anyone know? At this point, I can't get either one off, because my impact wrench ain't turning the nut, and I cant get any leverage under  the car.  So I was hoping to jsut buy a new one, and take itto a shop to have it swapped in...but I want to make sure I get the right one (Assuming I can find it).

Regards,
Lou