From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Bill Watson
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 3:46 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] PowerMaster hi-torque starters for early Chryslers

I suspect "early Chryslers" would be no earlier than 1962, the year Chrysler
introduced its reduction gear starter.  With the new starter, the number of
teeth on the ring gear changed.   Also, the older direct-drive starters had
the solenoid mounted on the starter while the reduction gear starter had it
mounted on the firewall or inner fender.   Should also point out that
1962-64 Chryslers and Dodge 880 models with a 3-speed manual transmission
used the direct-drive starter as well as all Canadian-built 1962-66 slant
six models.

Bill
Vancouver, BC