[FWDLK] 1955 Dodge.

There was a midyear change in both 1955 Dodge and Plymouth.
The Dodge added the chrome beltline with the little dip in the rear
doors. This was done because in 1955, styling mattered, and the
proportions are a little off; the car is noticeably "high-pockets", like
1950s Packards, and the extra chrome brings the eye downward to balance
it off.
It also allowed three-tone color schemes.
Before that change, Dodges had just the horizontal "rub" molding running
the length of the car.
But I've only seen the chrome fins (and finned headlamp-taillamp bezels)
on the Custom Royals.
(Notice on one side the script says "Royal Custom").

Plymouth added the Sportone lower chrome trim on Belvederes at the same
time for the same reason.

Those were great days for auto styling.
The designers gave us their very best.
Today, of course, it's fashionable to make new cars look as goofy as
possible.
Virgil Exner would have been reduced to tears at the sight of a Ford
Focus or Toyota Echo. I'm myself surprised that Ringling Brothers hasn't
cornered the market on those for their clown act.

Regards....
Lou