From: KG6DXN@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 00:36:07 EDT
To: ray@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Hemi Event

My name is Mike Bellis I am the Editor for Mopar Alley. I am currently working with Clear Blue Prod. We are trying to get 30 vintage Hemi Chrysler and Desoto cars to appear at the California International Auto Show in Aniheim,Ca. These cars will be parked if front of the convention center. This is for the official debut of the new Chrysler 300C 6.1L SRT-8 425hp HEMI. The Owners will be asked to drive with Media Reporters about 5 miles to a restaurant where lunch will be served for all. A major morning News Show will also be filming and asking questions. this is a major historic event and a very daunting task to get this many Hemi cars in one place. If you know anyone who has a 1954-1970 hemi car that can be in Los Angeles on October 27, 2004 Please have them call or e-mail me. Any Hemi car built by  Chrysler Motor Corp. can come even a clone car. All cars must be approved by Chrysler before attending(no junk, look decent on film), but do not have to be "trailer queens".They would especially like early Hemis as well as Muscle Cars. If you would like to be involved in this historic Hemi event, or know someone who would, please email a picture and description of your vehicle to me.  I will then send you a registration form. There is no fee to attend. All drivers attending this event will receive a certificate in memory of this Historic Occasion. I have been asked to cover this story for Mopar Collectors Guide, so all that attend will be featured. We have arranged for trailer parking and security. At no time will any driver be away from his/her vehicle.  Please forward this  letter to any Mopar lover.  Thanks.

Mike Bellis
Editor Mopar Alley
510-719-5519
kg6dxn@xxxxxxx
editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Following is the original email that I received regarding this event...

I found your address on the internet with Mopar Alley and it said you are
the "Editor Publisher" so I am hoping you can help direct me to the right
people...

We¹re looking for a few select cars and owners to participate in a special
Chrysler Group event! On October 27th, at the California International Auto
Show, we¹ll be showing a new HEMI®-powered Chrysler vehicle to the
automotive press.  The vehicle is the 2005 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 ­ a race
inspired, street legal version of our Chrysler 300C, powered by a
425-horsepower, 6.1-liter HEMI V8 engine.

The following Q&A may help answer some of your questions about the event:

Q: What is the purpose of this event?

A: With the debut of a new 6.1-liter HEMI in Chrysler 300C SRT, the Chrysler
Group wishes to celebrate the milestones of the HEMI engine.  If you own a
HEMI-powered Chrysler, Imperial, De Soto, Plymouth or Dodge car dated
between 1951-1970, your car represents one of those milestones.  We think
that, by giving the press a chance to experience the HEMI engines of the
past, they will better understand why we¹ve brought this incredible engine
design back to the marketplace and gain a renewed appreciation for how far
we¹ve come with the technology.  In addition, we think our audience will
enjoy this ³cruise night²-like experience.

Q: What is the flow of the event?  How long will it last?

A: Event flow is subject to modification, but the basics of the event are as
follows:
·    You and approximately 30 other owners will line up your vehicles outside
the Anaheim Convention Center
·    We will assign 1-3 journalists to each of your cars for a 5-mile trip to a
nearby Sonic Drive-In restaurant
·    We will direct you to a parking spot at the restaurant
·    A lunch will be served as the journalists look around at the cars
·    After lunch, a Chrysler executive will present the Chrysler 300C SRT-8
·    Journalists may want to photograph, film or videotape the Chrysler 300C
SRT-8 along with the owner vehicles for approximately 10 minutes
·    A motor coach will arrive to return journalists to the convention center
·    After the motor coach leaves the site, the event ends and you are welcome
to drive your car home
·    Please reserve the hours of 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. if you wish to participate;
actual hours will be finalized closer to the event

Q: Why do you want ME and my car?

A: We appreciate how valuable your car is to you, and we want to give you
the opportunity to remain with it at all times.  We also appreciate the fact
that you are an enthusiast and a subject matter expert on the ownership of a
HEMI-powered vehicle.  We think the press would enjoy riding along with you
and talking to you about your vehicle.

Q: Who will be in my car with me?

A: 1-3 automotive journalists will ride with you on the day of the event.
Most have an active interest in cars like yours, will be pleased to ride
with you and will probably ask you a lot of questions.

We truly hope you¹ll take us up on the opportunity to help make HEMI
history.  Who knows, you may even see your car in the national news!  If you
have additional questions about the event, or wish to participate, please
contact Carol Whitley (310-420-7605) for more information.  If possible,
please also email a photo of your vehicle along with a short description
including year, make, model and engine type to cawhitley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Finally, if you are aware of other owners of HEMI-powered vehicles who might
like to participate, please let us know!  Thank you very much for your time
and consideration.

Respectfully,
Carol Whitley
Clear Blue