Re: [FWDLK] Oddity On The Road!

Someone around here has one of these Caddy wagons, but a 72-73 model.  Must
have been a lot of work because from the rear it looks more like an Olds or
Buick, complete with 'clamshell' tailgate - all done with factory parts.
But it goes to show what interchangability exists in a car line.

For a while I toyed with making a pickup out of the rough '60 New Yorker
wagon I have, but after I took a side-on photo converted to drawing and
messed with the top to see how it would look, I decided a short top and
those long fins looks too goofy for my taste.  Maybe with a sedan-style rear
window?

Not to mention the fact that if it can even be saved it needs rear frame
rails before anything else -

What would be more fun had I the extra bread to pick up all the cars I'd
need to do it (at least three) is put together a '60 DeSoto convertible,
using a '61 Newport convert for the top and so forth.

Bill K.