Re: [FWDLK] Wavey, Wavey Rockers...

Check for the words : "Power package on V-8 only."

What did the "Power Package" include?    A 4-barrel carburetor and dual
exhausts  (although the tailpipe ends are not correct on this one).

The interior is poorly restored Canadian Custom Royal upholstery.

Check the door panels.  Note that the white section is actually two - the
outer area with vertical bars and a inner that is smooth.  On the original
car the inner area wouold have been surrounded by chrome trim and was not
the same colour as the outer with the vertical bars.

As for the seats, the white area is the original vinyl.  The original seats
had a cloth insert on the seat bottom and part way up the seat back.  The
upper portion, which on this car has the same material as the lower, was a
vinyl piece with horizontal ribs.   The interior is not a poor copy of the
U.S. Custom Royal, it is a poor restoration, with the accent on poor.  Just
a quick, cheap job to make it look good(?).   Just look at those arm rests!

"The interior is not show status and shows some wear hear and there typical
for an original car of this age. The door panels do show some wear."
Sheesh!  Original my a**!  And as for wear on the door panels, not even the
cheap paint/dye job hides that.

At least they put the door handles on the correct.  I just cannot believe
how many Forward Look cars are restored by firms/people with General Motors
experience who put the inside door handles pointing down!  The owners of
these cars are damn lucky I am not judging any show their cars are entered.
I would give them a big fat ZERO on the spot.  There is no excuse for that
error.

No one has mentioned the 1957 wheel covers.  The wheels should be the main
body colour and some super-bleached white.

Or how about them "spuds" on the front bumper?  Although they were on all
1957 Custom Royal models, in the U.S. they did not reappear until mid-year.
However, on a  Canadian-built 1958 Custom Royal they are correct as all had
them.  And the section up front between the bumper sections should be done
in a dull argent effect, not body colour.

No comments about the poor chrome?  They didn't bother to polish anything -
not even the dash knobs.  The stuff looks more like nickel than chrome.  The
dirty taillight lenses?

The two rear antennae would be correct, the front is not.  A factory front
antenna would be on the passenger side.

The trunk should be body colour.  Chrysler of Canada never spent money on
extra labour/supplies when it was not necessary.  Thus the guy with the body
colour spray gun did everything.   The only time a second colour was added
was to do the second colour on a two-tone job.

By the way, Canadian Custom Royal standard equipment included Torqueflite,
wheel covers, back-up lights and (on the hardtops) outside rear view mirror.

It is now sitting at $9,800 US with reserve met.  Would not pay that much
for it.  Who knows what lurks beneath that poor wash job.   (They didn't
even clean the taillights!)

Bill
Vancouver, BC