Re: [FWDLK] Alternator conversion kits?

You guessed it, Bill.  The car has power windows, and power seat, and
two amps mounted in a Period suitcase in the trunk.  Plus I converted to
Mopar electronic ignition ( I HATE fussing with points!) and I am
retrofitting factory A/C, so the fan will be running often during
summer...not to mention the possible addition of an electric radiator
fan for parade use.

Already, the battery gets low after some use...and it the car sits in
the cold, the battery dies after a few seconds of cranking .  So I have
to keep the car on "life support" between uses.  Its a new battery, but
the generator can barely keep up during boulevard driving. .  It could
be going bad, but instead of repairing a gen and regulator, I'd rather
spend the money on the alternator conversion.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,
Lou

Bill K. wrote:

Next question:  Why over 100 amps?  Are you adding a lot of power options to
this car?  Some late 50s cars still only run 25 amps or so stock through the
voltage regulator - if you don't have power windows, power seats, super
power headlights, one of those super fancy stereos that you can open the
trunk and use the bass to push your car down the road, etc. you don't really
need a lot of amps, just enough to recharge your battery.  So a basic 75 or
85 is probably fine.