Re: [FWDLK] Riding the Coupe

A Rose by any other name smells as sweet. But you can't just call
anything a Rose.
At least as of 1951, a Hardtop was a pillarless car. Then only in 2
doors, later they made 4 doors. All cars other than Convertibles has a
"hardtop" but Hardtop meant that it had NO pillars. I've owned 15 or so
Hardtops and they never had pillars. Sedans have pillars.
Coupe originally meant a "closed short coupled car", as opposed to a
roomy long Sedan.
A Business Coupe had no rear seat, giving lots of space for a
salesman's stuff, and often had access to the trunk from the doors, or
an extended trunk into the pass compartment.
 I had a 1939 Buick Opera Convertible Coupe, no rear seat, just small
seats that folded down out of the Quarter upholstery.

It's a shame that the Marketing Dept. messes with the words for a
supposed advantage. '56 & '57 Furys were special cars, available one
way only,  and then in '58 they made it a line. Nice cars, but not the
same. Chrysler 300's were a special car until '62, they made it a
series line. Riding on the name recognition, "I bought me a 300!". Not
the same, Bud,
They paste GT labels on base cars. It should be a very powerful road
car for traveling. That's what the GT means, or did.

My spare change, Ray
Ain't old cars neat?