Re: [FWDLK] Throttle linkage -'58 318 cid Fury engine

Re: [FWDLK] Throttle linkage -'58 318 cid Fury engine

Jim,

The Parts Book does list [bell crank, lower] "lever" P/N 1735950 for 58
Plymouth V8 2 bbl carb auto trans. P/N 1735019 is listed for 58 Plymouth V8
4 bbl auto trans. There is no mention of a difference for Fury. As usual,
there is no description of the difference between parts. However, 1735950 is
also used for 58 - 58 Adventurer and C300 auto trans, and these are 2x4
carbs. Also on 57 - 58 Plymouth V8 manual trans, apparently with all carbs.

The [bell crank, upper] "accelerator shaft" has 3 P/Ns for 58 Plymouth:
W/Auto 3 speed trans, Fury, LD3 (4 bbl carb), 58 only
W/PowerFlight, LD2 (2 bbl carb), 57- 58
W/Auto 3 speed trans, LD2 (2 bbl carb), most Chryslers (4 bbl), 57 - 58
This implies that a PF is different from a TF. And a 2 bbl is different from
a 4 bbl in 58, but not in 57. The 57 Fury should be the same as any other V8
Plymouth with the same trans, but the 58 Fury is somehow different. This
upper arm may have different lengths affecting the linkage travel at the
carb. My guess is the only significant difference is PF vs. TF. Any 57 - 58
Mopar with a TF should be the same as a 57 Fury or 58 Fury.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500