Re: [FWDLK] RED PLYMOUTH FURY

The old man I bought my car ('60 DeSoto) from knew nothing about it.  He had it for several years and drove it around, so I would have thought he would have known a thing or two about it.  He advertised it in the local newspaper as a "1960 Dodge Desoda"  When I went to look at it, he proceeded to tell me that it was the last year of the Desoda models.  He knew nothing about DeSotos.....or mopars in general.

It may be that some of these "know it alls" that find us at car shows have talked to know-nothing owners of 'forwardlook cars' and assume we are just as stupid.  Everyone thinks my car has a hemi and they knew someone that had one EXACTLY like it.  It took me a few months to realize this was impossible, as rare as 1960 DeSotos were, even when new.  With only 26K produced, that's just not likely (that comes to 520 per state!...if divided evenly).

The odd-factor is one thing that sets our cars apart from the slew of fords and chevys.....and I gotta think that is one of the fun parts of owning one of these forwardlook cars.

Robert, '60 Adventurer