[FWDLK] How do you remove a door panel?

It there a way to remove door panels with a home tool?  I used a screw driver to slowly dislodge the clips holding panel to the door.  I did a good job not hurting the panel or the door.  The hard part I have right now is removing the interior handles.  I was following the instructions in the book I have.  I just can't see what on the handle has to get loose.

The instructions in the book are as follow:

INSIDE DOOR AND WINDOW REGULATOR HANDLES

The door and window regulator handles are attached with a spring type clip.

Turn window regulator handle down so that the retainer clip is to the left. Place tool between washer and handle. Push tool from left to right and at the same time pull outward on handle.

When I look inside of the door panel I can clearly see the spring clip but the retainer.

Is there any home tool I can use to remove the handles?
And I don't want to use the Grinder..

Thanks,
Joey