Re: [FWDLK] Studded snow tires

In a message dated 2/20/2005 1:58:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, clearcreek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
New Mexico is that although snowy and icy weather happens often enough in this neck of the woods, it doesn't restrict traffic for long enough to warrant the cost of excessive snow removal equipment.
They got rid of them here in Michigan because of the carbide studs eroded grooves in the pavement.  I don't mean scratches, I mean GROOVES!  They were nice, though, particularly when I was a volunteer firefighter here in the country.  (Of course, all those damn city folk have screwed THAT up, too!)

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI  ---Where it is snowing again.....