Re: [FWDLK] Shift cable release-

First remove the bolt holding the outer cable to the trans case, remove the
neutral starter switch, then reach into the hole with a slender screwdriver
and release the clip that holds the inner cable end in place on the shift
lever. If you have the trans in reverse, the cable end will be farthest to
the rear. Shine a strong flashlight into the hole and you will see how to
release the clip.

Mike