Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:45 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] working on her rear end

I realize that I may be a little early for most of you. You see my car is a 55 Plymouth Belvedere, therefore I get to party with her on being 50 years old. The list has more 56, 57, 58 , and 59 than 55's. What a trip. I have owned her since 1982. I was 20 years old at the time and everyone thought that I was crazy for liking such a car. Whenever I see old friends from the past, they look at my car and change their mind. This brings me to my question. Sad to say but after 50 years her rear end is starting to hangs a little low. I tried to do a little face (rear) lift with new shocks, but alas that didn't work very good. I have heard of taking the springs off and having a spring guy use a torch and shape them back to original. Is this feasible or do you just buy new springs and get back to cruising. The list may enjoy the replies , so reply to the list please.

Thanks

Mario Henry
Milton,Ontario Canada
1955 Plymouth Belvedere

P.S. Can Dieter on the list email me about a bumper you had