[FWDLK] Fannie got BUSHED, today...

Well, I took my "XJ-series" JAG fan clutch to my shop, today, all
pleased w/myself, expecting to receive their blessing, and an
appointment to install same; instead, I was informed that I had to get
the clutch-flange 'bushed', in order to get a :"dead-nuts fit" , between
the water pump's 'male' flange-nub, and the fan clutch's  'female'
orifice---seems the i.d. of the JAG  clutch is  3/4", and the o.d. of
the water pump's 'nub'  is 5/8" .

$45.00 later, our local machine shop had press-fitted a stainless steel
sleeve-bushing, into the clutch-orifice, so, now, I've got my dead-nuts
merger accomplished, and an appointment to install the assembly, next
Tuesday.

The shop sez that the MoPar 7-blade fan-edges, being located behind the
"front"
surface, of the clutch-fins (instead of being in-line with the front
surface-edge of the clutch, as occurs on MoPar clutches)  "is a GOOD
thing"!

If this 'story' has a happy ending, I'll make available the pics I've
taken of the clutch, & bushing, etc,  to the List.

Neil Vedder