[FWDLK] Gas n' GO !!

Ok, this will be my last 'allowed' posting, tonite.

First, as an addendum (brain-fart) to my fan clutch missive, ONLY a
water-cooled trannie can have its trans fluid be flushed, by removing
the radiator--DUH; there are  inlet & outlet lines, attached to a
"cooler", installed in the bottom-tank.

Altho I don't know which is witch, by turning-on the engine, the trannie
fluid will be forced/run out of one of those lines. All you gotta do, is
have a large bucket handy, & place it under the 'line' which is spewing
out its fluid.

There IS no "filter" in a cast iron trannie;only a metal screen; if your
fluid is not burned, or contaminated, etc, a flushing is probably the
only thing 'necessary'  to do, to service the fluid, & it's  'commonly'
accepted that trannie fluid might remain 'good' for 10's of thousands of
miles.

Parte Deux, is that : take your current gas-cost, & divide that number
by EIGHT---that 'number' is the equilavent-approximate-cost of a gallon
of gas , in mid-late 60's DOLLARS.

$2.40 (CHEAP, for CA) is, like, THIRTY TWO CENTS, per gallon, in the
60's. AND, the cars,then, got about 9 -16 MPG.

A GOOD salary, then, was about $10K/year.

Cars, nowadays, are a much better
'deal', except in 'pure' "cost-of-materials-value"
than the 60's cars. Now, with electronic ignitions, F.I., & spark plugs,
those items are almost 'good' for the life of the car. And, then,
there's the 25+ mpg.......

So, I feel PRETTY GOOD about paying big-bux, for gas; after-all, it's
"ONLY" what we/our parents "paid" for gas, back in the Good Old Days!!!!
Also, remember when we, routinely, bought (could-afford??) only a
gallon, or-few, of gas, & THAT was @ $0.32/gallon!!!----only my PARENTS
paid for a "FILL-UP"  (@ a full-service gas station).

Ah, the Good Old Days......here again!

Neil Vedder