[FWDLK] Diamondback info.

Thanx, in part to Alumcan's pestering me to provide him w/specifics on
the "235/75R14" (according to DB) tires I bought , installed, & "love",
looks & performance-wise , I crawled under the car, today, to look @
what's written, on the black-wall side of them.

 You might recall that I 'said', previously, that the "white-wall" sides
are completely "blank', and that I never bothered to un-wrap the
tandem-wrapped tires, to  inspect their back-sides, which have "all" the
Mnfg's info on it.

Well, imagine my shock, when I read that the :"Dayton-brand
,'Quadra'-model" 235/75R14 tires  (according to DB) , turned-out to be :
"Federal-brand, 'MAHA Steel 311'-model tires,
in the apparent size :" LRV 215R14C" [in big-
letters] with the following, in slightly-smaller letters: "8PR 112/110N"
.

I got NO idea what the above-numbers 'specify', but, reiterate that
these guys are considerably LARGER (and HEAVIER!)  than the P225/75R14
tires, that they replace.

I, then, saw that these tires are :"Tread: 2 plys steel, & 2 plys
polyester", & that the sidewalls are :" 2 plys polyester"

And THEN (in REALLY tiny letters :" Made in Taiwan" (!).

None of this info was told to me, when I ordered the tires (altho their
"construction"  appears to be satisfactory, & their physical appearance
is VERY nice.)

BTW, Dave Homstad wrote to say that the larger tire-size, and
possibly-stiffer sidewall construction (than their predecessors) will
provide a HIGHER rear end ratio, for better MPG. (& tire-life--bigger
tire),

And THEN, a 'light' went on, & I realized why these tires "perform"
better, because,  their sidewalls ARE stiffer, than before, so that the
tires are NOT, now, flexing "under" the wheels, upon turning/cornering.

Alumcan wanted to know what the tire-tread-patch width is; I said I'd
drive thru some water, this week end, & measure the footprint.

If anyone can 'decypher'  the above tire-size, I'd appreciate it.

Still like, & would buy-again, these tires, but,  they're NOT
"as-advertised", by DB !

Neil Vedder